Accor Vacation Club
"Leading the way to a lifetime of great holidays"
1. Consent to the Policy
Accor may use Your PI for marketing purposes. If required by applicable law, You will be requested to give Your prior express consent to receive such marketing materials.
2. Our Commitment
- Transparency: when collecting and processing Your PI, we will provide You with relevant information and notice, for what purposes and who are the recipients.
- Access, Rectification and Objection: we offer You ways to access, modify, correct or delete Your PI. You also have the opportunity to object to the processing of Your PI for marketing purposes. Please see contact details below.
- Confidentiality & Security: we will implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect Your PI against accidental or unlawful alteration or loss, or from unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
3. Collecting Personal Information
Where possible we collect personal information directly from you. Collection may take place in a number of ways:
- when you enter your personal information on our site, for example, when filling out a member registration form or requesting further information about the Club;
- When you complete an entry form to one of our trade promotions competitions such as “Winners are Grinners” at shopping centres, trade fairs, websites, or special events;
- when you contact us, we will keep a record of that contact;
- when your internet browser accepts our cookie;
- When you attend one of our sales presentations;
- by way of referral from your friends or relatives who attended one of our presentations;
- When we purchase a data list from one of the many commercial list providers in Australia;
- When you request goods, services or information from us
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses,;
- Your marital status and, if you have a partner, your partner’s contact information;
- Your age, occupation details, combined household income, whether you own or rent your own home, and your personal interests;
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality,
- Children Information: name, birth date and age;
- Membership card numbers of any Accor loyalty program or any membership number of frequent flyer or any of Accor’s partners You are registered with; and
- Your dates of arrival and departure/visit from our hotels.
- To invite you to take part in one of our special promotions;
- To invite you to attend one of our sales presentations;
- To invite you to stay at one of our resorts and attend a sales presentation while you are there;
- To send you offers about services or products provided by A.P.V.C. Ltd or any of its related entities or suppliers.
- Is related to the main purpose for which we collected your personal information and you would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that other purpose;
- Has been precluded by your notification to us that we do not have your consent to do so;
- Is permitted or required by Law;
- Is necessary on health and public safety grounds.
4. What Personal Information?
Generally, the PI we might collect includes:
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with adult’s permission. Please make sure that Your children do not provide us with any PI without Your permission, e.g. online. If You believe Your child has submitted PI to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
Generally, we do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
5. Use of your personal information
The information you provide to us will be used for one of the primary purposes detailed below or to provide goods, services or information requested by you.
The information you provide to us may also be disclosed to A.P.V.C. Limited’s related entities &/or service providers for the purposes referred to above.
Subject to any restrictions imposed on us by legislation, and where we have disclosed that purpose to you at the time of collecting your information, we may also supply your information to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide information unless you have indicated that we do not have your consent to do this.
Information may be collected from you when you use our travel services such as Mini Vacations or Escape Vouchers. The information that we collect from you to facilitate the provision of those services will only be used for that purpose.
Accor Vacation Cub Membership
The information we collect from you when you become a member of the Accor Vacation Cub is only used for the purpose of providing Club services to you.
6. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information will only be disclosed and used for the purposes outlined above, except where such other use, or disclosure;
Your personal information may be disclosed to a related entity of A.P.V.C. Limited for the purposes referred to above.
We will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse and loss. We do not retain any information where we have identified that it is no longer needed and access to information is restricted to those who are required to access it and may be encrypted &/or protected by password.
8. No Contact Requests
If you do not wish to receive offers about our products or services or for us to pass your information on to our related entities, allied suppliers or contracted third parties for them to forward offers to you, then please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer. Contact details appear below.
9. Access and Correction
You may access your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer as detailed below.. Any charge we may make for providing access will be reasonable. If you show us that your personal information is inaccurate, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Please note that we need not provide access to personal information in several types of situations, for example where a request is frivolous, or where to provide access would pose a threat to health or public safety, unreasonably interfere with another person’s privacy, or be a breach of the law. If we refuse access we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
10. Transborder Data Flows
We will not send any personal information about you overseas unless you consent to this, or we reasonably believe that the other country has privacy laws substantially similar to our own, or we provide the information in other circumstances giving like protection, or where it is necessary to facilitate the provision of goods &/or services requested by you.
Our cookies are “session-only” which means that as soon as you close your browser they are erased from your computer. Your username and session identification are the only pieces of information we obtain through the cookie. We do not track, store, reveal or sell any information about your browsing habits.
12. Data Security
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect Your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password system, physical protection, etc.
13. Complaints Resolution
If you believe that there may have been possible breaches of your privacy, you may lodge a complaint with us by contacting the Privacy Officer. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of your complaint.
14. Contacting Us
You can contact our Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com or by writing to: The Privacy Officer, Accor Vacation Club, PO Box 3755, Robina Town Centre Qld 4230 Australia
We review all our policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to keep up to date with changes in the law, technology and market practice. As a result we may change this policy from time to time.
This policy was last updated on 21 March 2010. A.P.V.C. Limited ABN 54 093 228 141